Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sniff Sniff - Do You Smell Something Burning?

Oy re the title of of this post, but it's late and I have a ton on my mind, so live with it! First of all, just an FYI to all who are reading the blog - I got a new gig today and I start on Monday. I will still try to be blogging at night or at lunch (at least once a day), so nothing will really change much. Okay, back to scheduled programming.

I thought today I would do a post about candles. Candles can be a generic and dull gift if no time is put into them, but if you find one that smells unusually great or that has a bit of humor to it, they can be a great housewarming gift or present for any occasion. Here are a few I like:

Diptyque Feu de Bois Candle
- I love this candle. It isn't cheap, but it comes in it's own glass holder and lasts a long time, so it's worth it. The candle is a muted color (grayish) and the scent isn't over powering, so it's a good gift to give to a guy as well. It's sort of woodsy, but slightly sweet. If price is no object, this is my favorite.

Fir Balsam Geodesis Candle - This is a bit cheaper than the Feu De Bois, but smells fairly similar.

If you want to give someone a candle that will make them laugh, order any of these from Aromapharmacy. These candles are encased in glass and look like prescription pill containers. They all have goofy names that are similar to real medications. People always get a chuckle and love receiving these. They are reasonably priced and fun to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment