Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Using An Online Stopwatch To Make You More Productive

I'm often looking for little ways that I can make myself more productive. One good way that many productivity experts always suggest is working in focused bursts of activity. I find that this tip actually works (for me at least). One good way to do is to have some kind of stopwatch or online timer at your disposal. I like this one best for some reason. I pick what activity I need to focus on in that moment and I set it usually for about 30 minutes or so and then when the timer beeps, I take a break for 2-5 minutes (also timed) to check e-mail, etc. I often find that sometimes I won't even need the break and I'll skip it, but knowing you will get one shortly allows you to focus on the task at hand. This might seem nutty and kind of simple, but I swear it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment