Monday, February 9, 2009

Synctastic

Anyone who knows me is aware that I well uhhhh, LOVE my iPhone (probably a bit much). I keep telling people if I could find a guy that I like half as much, I'll marry him, but I digress. One issue I first had when I got my iPhone was that I use Google Calendar and I thought there was no way to sync it with the iPhone calendar. I could access the Google Calendar via the Google App on the iPhone, but it wasn't that great or feature rich and I was bummed out. Being the semi-geeky girl that I am, I searched around online and finally found Nuevasync which is a free program of sorts you can sign up for that doesn't even require an install (just some setup of info on their site). Nuevasync syncs the Google Calendar to the iPhone, so you can make changes on the phone or the web calendar and it will keep it up-to-date. I just read yesterday that Google finally decided to make this work for the iPhone as well. They have had Google Sync that worked for the Blackberry for like a year, but they finally came around for us iPhone users. With Google Sync you can:

Synchronize your contacts. Get your Google contacts quickly and easily to your phone. With Sync, you can have access to your address book at anytime and place that you need it.


Get calendar alerts. Using your phone's native calendar, you can now access your Google calendar, and be alerted for upcoming appointments with sound or vibration.


Always in sync. Your contacts stay synchronized whether you access them from your phone or from your computer. Add or edit contact information right on your device or on your Google account on the web.


I can't decide if I should just leave well enough alone and keep using the Nuevasync because I don't want to fix what isn't broken or if I should switch to the Google sanctioned option. I'm still pondering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment